Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chubby Chicken

Goodness I'm back.  I've been gone for days .. been busy with a few things lately.  Anyway, now that I have some spare time in my hands let me just blog about another food find I discovered near our place.  

Sometimes I tell myself, how in the world will I get my dieting really serious with so many places to eat just a stone's throw away from where I live.  Well I just tell myself there's always tomorrow (lol).

A few weeks ago I met up with a friend to go around the metro with some errands I had to finish.  At the end of the day we had dinner at Chubby Chicken, a small student friendly restaurant near Ateneo University Katipunan.  


Its a very simple, no frills place which has free Wifi, smoking area and very reasonably priced meals.  Although there's nothing really extra special about their dishes, we still enjoyed the meals we had. 




We ordered the Chicken soft tacos for Php 115 and this one I really liked.  Their homemade mayo garlic dressing really gives that extra umph to the dish with the crispy chicken tenders, cheese and fresh veggies in a soft pita wrap.  I liked it a lot that the next few days I ordered some to go for my midnight cravings.  




The one thing I didn't like are the french fries :-(.  They are just soggy.  I wish the owners improve the texture and quality to make this dish just perfect!




Their Bestseller chicken dish overall is okay.  The chicken was well cooked, very crispy and the honey glaze gave it that nice layer of flavor.  Again their mayo garlic dressing makes it tastier.  Sorry I forgot how much this cost..



Then the Australian Beef Salpicao Php 162.  Quality beef and tastes pretty good.  

It's a nice hangout place for students, wallet friendly and for sure I will always come back for more Chicken soft taco and perhaps try their other dishes as well.

Chubby Chicken
Along Alvero St. Loyola Heights, Q.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment