Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tender Bob's Shangri-la Mall

Tender Bob's is our go to place when my family is craving for that all american comfort food.  We love their bestseller steaks and chicken meals.  I personally like their dips and chowder dishes.  However last week's dining experience was just disappointing for me. 





We were at Shangri-la Mall in Ortigas, tired and hungry we decided to eat at Tender Bobs.  My hubby had steak which tasted pretty good.  Cooked medium well, it was juicy and tender. Well it better be good considering it costs about a thousand pesos.


I tried one of their "new selection" dishes and boy was I disappointed! Their Roast Beef dish was just so bad after taking a few bites, I just couldn't eat anymore of it.  The meat tasted old and was very tough.  The gravy didn't help either.  The crunchy onion topping just masked the bland taste of the meat.  With much dismay, I settled on eating the mashed potato and corn.




My son had Burger and fries, was just okay.  The burger was juicy and fries crunchy, better than the fries of Johnny Rockets.

Maybe I just picked the wrong meal to order for I am sure they have other better dishes. With that said, I don't think I'll be coming back to this place again considering the price and quality of the food.  I would be better of at Buffet 101 or Red Garlic. 

Sadly, I will have to remove this on my list of favorite places to eat. :-(
Not worth the splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment