Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe



I was on my home from the gym yesterday when I decided to check out this bakeshop and restaurant called Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe along Katipunan Ave.  The ambiance has a very nice welcome feel to it.  I like the blue and white motif on the walls, tables and chairs. Small touches of flowers on the tables and blue ceramic pots and plates decorations on the wall add to the country charm vibe.   Anyways here's my take on the food.




Since my favorite color is blue, I ordered their signature Blue Lemonade drink for Php 75 bottomless. It did not disappoint.  I soooo love this!  It's refreshing minty taste with just the right sweetness and sour mix makes it oh so comforting.




Next I ordered their Pumpkin Soup for only Php55.  This was served with a piece of garlic roll, not bad for its price.  It has just the right creaminess and flavor, yummy.



Then the Ceasar salad for Php155. The quantity served was just right for myself which is good (waste not!) Although I would have liked if they used romaine lettuce instead for this dish.  On a better note, the greens were very fresh and crisp.  The dressing just enough as to not overwhelm the entire dish topped with crunchy homemade croutons.


For the main dish, I ordered the Chicken Spinach Lasagna Php 185 which, according to the waiter, is one of their pasta bestsellers.  This was too rich and heavy for my taste.  



The tomato sauce, even if it tasted good, was a bit oily.  I would also have wanted more spinach incorporated into the dish, it is called Chicken Spinach right?



Finally the dessert!!  This is another bestseller.  Called Dulce de Leche Butter cake was simply delicious.  The cake was buttery soft with the caramel in between just giving it the right amount of sweetness, a perfect way to end a heavy meal.




Mom and Tina's bakery cafe offers a lot of food choices for desserts, sandwiches, and also for main courses which are mostly reasonably priced.  That is why I am still keen on going back.  For my next visit, I will try other main courses like their US Steak, Roast Beef or the Salisbury steak and Roast Pork.  I will bring my hubby and kids next time to enjoy this bite of delight!

Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe
Katipunan Ave, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment