Friday, February 15, 2013

Product Review: L'oreal Base Magique Primer


I'm starting off this year with a series of product reviews. I have put this off for quite some time now. And so let's get this rolling...

I got the L'oreal Base Magique Primer a few months ago and have almost forgotten about it.  There are mixed reviews about this product but here's my take on it.


First of all let me say that my frustration when it comes to skin or make up stuff is that with my combination oily skin, it is really a big challenge to find a good make up primer that has good staying power, will keep me looking oil free through out the day or atleast for 6 hours straight without me pulling out the blotting paper or tissue.  I read somewhere this l'oreal base magique primer may be the answer to my prayers.


So based on their website what it is -  transforming smoothing primer which instantly smooths pores and creates an even surface, so that you get a more flawless make-up result that lasts.
The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimises the look of pores and fine lines to transform your skin surface.


Here's what I think.  First time I used this it reminded me of Clinique's Pore minimizer which I love soooo much but is just pricey.  And so I got very excited being Loreal is a cheaper alternative. 





L'oreal Base Magique Primer has a creamy velvety texture.  A little goes a long way.  I got a small amount, rubbed between my fingers, as the instructions said, and it just glides so smoothly. I placed a small dab on my T-zone area, spreaded the product evenly and it did improve the appearance of my pores. It actually made my face look smoother with a nice matte finish. I like this effect!  I'm ready for my close-up now!




For the staying power... well...sad to say it didn't last as long as I hoped it would be.  After I applied it, did my usual make up routine and went about my errands for the day.  After about 3-4 hrs my face was shiny again :-(. Curse you humid weather! 
Also I didn't fancy the jar.  I hope they use the tube instead to avoid some cream getting stuck under my nail.


This did not give me breakouts though (thankfully) and I really love the smooth feel on my face.  On an ordinary day, I would just use this alone on my face.  With the price of Php945 there may be other primers that will perform equally well with the same price range or higher.  So I would still recommend this for my friends to try.  
Rating is 7/10. ( 10 being the highest)



No comments:

Post a Comment